Translate Me!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Too Buti-licious for You?

I am in butifarra heaven.


It's almost time for me to leave Barcelona, at least for a little while. Except...I just tried a really amazing new restaurant.... So, maybe I'll stay a bit longer. ;)

I figure since I really do have to leave, I might as well share this gem with everyone else. Now you have one more reason to visit Barcelona (or one more reason to never leave!).

Butifarra is a really great Catalan dish, based off of sausage. But not your run-of-the-mill, boring sausage. No. The sausage I have had in Catalunya has been some of the best sausage I have ever devoured.

However, it's actually quite hard to find great butifarra-type dishes at restaurants, especially in the city center. The best butifarra is made by family, for family. Luckily, that's exactly how the "Classic" butifarra tasted at Butifarring!

It's buti-licious! Sorry, Beyoncé. I stole your word. And improved it. :P

Anyway, now that the cat's out of the bag, I'll sweeten the deal. 

These are gourmet-type dishes at affordable prices. I had that huge sausage in the picture (really, a sausage and a half) with cheese, potatoes with ailloli, and a Coke (it wouldn't be Lemon in My Coke, Si Us Plau without that!) for....drum roll.....6.90 euros!

So, next time you are near Pl. Sant Jaume or Liceu, stop by for some amazing food or even some Montseny beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...