Translate Me!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Autorización de Verano

Summer is here!

This means sun, fun, and traveling. For some of us, it means traveling to other countries for internships. 

If you've been following along, you know that I submitted everything I needed to renew my TIE (the card with my personal ID number that shows I am here legally). After turning everything in, I waited for about two weeks, checking the status of my application religiously, and finally saw that it was approved. The catch, however, is that I can't continue with the application process until the card actually expires, and I have to travel before that date. Other students are from countries that require them to have a visa in order to enter the country and are also waiting for their cards to expire before they can finish renewing them.

This guy got his A2R, and you can too!

So...the Autorización de Regreso (Authorization to Return) might be something you will have to get if you are in a similar situation. One thing you will need is the Ex-13. A form that my friends and myself have had trouble getting from any source. When clicking the link from the police station and from university sources, they only get a "Please wait..." message and a prompt to download the newest Adobe Reader. 

Well, I have that, and despite trying multiple sources, I still couldn't access the file. So, when I finally found it, I thought I would share it. Note that I cannot guarantee that it is the most up to date one! This one is from my university, but you should be able to access it. As of this writing, it was accepted and allowed me to get my Authorization to Return.

*One tricky note*: There is a La Caixa across from the office you must go to (as of this writing). They will not let you pay your tasa (fee) unless you are a member of their bank. The BBVA next door on Selva del Mar will only let you pay on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Catalunya Caixa will let you pay whenever you please.

** Additional note: It doesn't seem to matter what time your appointment is. You must have an appointment....but I arrived an hour before mine and still had to wait two hours. Yayyyyyyyyy! (not!)


  1. Hi Kimber,
    As an American you don't need to apply for Authorization to Return. If you come from a country that is not required to have a visa to enter Spain/the Schengen Area, you can return with only your passport.

    Happy Trails,

    1. Hi Jura,

      Thank you for your input. My university actually recommended for me to get this document due to the timing of the expiration of my TIE and where I will be when that occurs. Whether or not it will be useful in my situation, I cannot say, but I am happy just knowing that posting my experience has already helped classmates and friends who need this document and wanted to know specifics about my experience.

      Best wishes,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...