Translate Me!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'm a Poser

In fact, I try to strike some new poses at least once a week.

Source: fitsugar.com via Kimber on Pinterest

I'm taking a short break from posting about travels and burgers (Yes, soon I will post about going to Paris, Brugge, Brussels, and some new restaurants!).

Why?

I've been *trying* to do yoga for a long time. I signed up for classes at my university last fall, but I had to move them to this term due to a professor changing the schedule of one of my classes. I'm still *trying*, partially because I am working on some projects that keep me from going every week, and partially because, well...I don't always quite get the right pose. 


But that's the beauty of it. 

Why do yoga?
  • It's relaxing
  • It's a good workout (No, really it works your muscles like crazy)
  • It forces you to concentrate on something other than work and projects
  • It forces you to make time for yourself

I'm sure there are more reasons, even scientifically proven ones about decreasing sports injuries, being more flexible, what have you. The bottom line is, I finally found a work out that sculpts my body and my mind instead of just making me sweat and turn red. An added benefit? No running!!! (Sorry runners, it's just not my thing to run for the sake of running.)

So here are some more resources for finding fun poses so you can enjoy being a poser like me! 

Source: fitsugar.com via Kimber on Pinterest



  










Source: fitsugar.com via Kimber on Pinterest



Check out my Pinterest work out board for more poses.

If you have any yoga sites you'd like to share, please post them in the comments below!


3 comments:

  1. you know Kimber, at first I totally thought that picture was you!

    Yoga is a good one! Those poses look difficult though! I am just not there ywt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet* Sorry my droid glitched out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that picture is of me....Bahahah! Some of the poses are super difficult, but I've been surprised at what I've been able to accomplish after only 4-5 classes and practice at home.

      It really helps with balance too, something which I was born without. :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...